Dr. Joyce Ma and Dr. Justin Lee can provide hyperplasia treatment in Montgomery, New Jersey, to help you regain healthy gums. By carefully trimming down your soft oral tissues, we can improve your oral health and help you improve the appearance of your smile. To schedule a consultation with our dentists and learn more about hyperplasia, contact Prime Dental Care today at 609-688-8818.
Gingival hyperplasia is an oral health condition that involves the overgrowth of the gums, resulting in too much gum tissue and an increased risk of oral health problems. Hyperplasia varies in severity and may present as one small bump or as a greater overgrowth that almost completely covers your tooth or teeth. There are several causes of hyperplasia, including:
- Gum growth as an inflammatory response
- Gum growth as a side effect of certain medications, such as phenytoin, cyclosporine or calcium channel blockers
- Genetic conditions
- Systemic conditions, such as pregnancy, hormonal fluctuations, leukemia or other chronic health conditions
Our dentists can offer laser treatments to carefully and gently trim down your overgrown gum tissue and improve your oral health. After your procedure, we will provide you with instructions to help you recover properly and care for your gums in the future.
Proper care of your gums includes:
- Flossing at least once each day
- Brushing your teeth at least once each day with a soft-bristled toothbrush
- Using a mouthwash or antiseptic mouth rinse
- Consuming a balanced, healthy diet that is low in sugary and acidic foods
- Avoiding the use of tobacco products, including smoking
- Visiting your dentist every six months for regular preventive care
If you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment with our dentists, give us a call today!