Dr. Joyce Ma attended dental school at Peking University in China, graduating with her Bachelor of Dental Medicine degree in 1998; she then attended New York University, from which she graduated with her Doctor of Dental Surgery degree in 2010. She also completed her PhD in neuroscience through John Hopkins University in 2005 as well as advanced training through the Rockefeller University Postdoctoral Fellowship between 2005-2007. Dr. Ma has over 24 years of experience providing care and has practiced in the Princeton area since graduating from NYU in 2010.
Dr. Ma is constantly advancing her training and education in order to provide her patients with the highest quality of care. The advanced training she has received includes:
- Rutgers University, dental implant one-year MaxiCourse
- California Implant Institute, advanced implant and bone graft program, All-on-X same-day teeth program
- DentalXP, surgery externship to Brazil and Sarejevo
- Soft tissue surgery externship to Cancun
- Pikos Institute, guided All-on-X same-day teeth program
- Urban Regeneration Institute, advanced bone graft program
- Fellowship of International Congress of Osseous Integration
- New York University, full-mouth reconstruction one-year program
- Digital Smile Design, certified DSD specialist
- United States Dental Institute, two-year comprehensive orthodontics program, lifetime member
- Certified in Invisalign® and Six Month Smiles®
- Las Vegas Institute, neuromuscular dentistry program
- American Academy of Facial Esthetics, certification in BOTOX® injection and TMJ trigger point injection
- Fellowship of American Laser Dentistry
- Regeneration Specialist — LANAP® specialist
- Fellowship of American General Academy
- DentalXP, fellowship of digital dentistry
- Certified in IV sedation dentistry
- Certified in sleep apnea treatment with Vivos
- NYU Honors in Cosmetics Dentistry
Dr. Ma is a member of several professional organizations, including the American Dental Association®, Academy of General Dentistry, Academy of Laser Dentistry, American Academy of Facial Esthetics, International Congress of Oral Implantologists and United States Dental Institute. Additionally, she has also received a number of awards, including the John Hopkins Young Investigator Award, and holds a Rockefeller University patent for fluorescence.
As a dentist, Dr. Ma is committed to offering the highest possible quality of dental care to her community and utilizing the best technologies and most comfortable environment to change lives one at a time. She is dedicated to giving each patient she meets a beautiful, confident smile. You can count on Dr. Ma to treat you with gentleness and compassion, communicate honestly and work with you to help you achieve the perfect results.
Outside of the office, Dr. Ma is also a landscape photographer and has a GPSA title from the Photography Society of America.
Dr. Bhumika Patel was born and raised in India and completed her Bachelor of Dental Surgery and Master of Dental Surgery in oral medicine and radiology at Gujarat University in Ahmedabad in 2013. In 2019, she completed her Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the Howard University College of Dentistry in Washington, D.C. She has practiced in the Princeton area for over three years.
Dr. Patel has completed many continuing education courses to stay at the forefront of the dental field, including 44 hours of lectures and hands-on training for her Hiossen® dental implant placement certification. Additionally, she has received several awards for excellence, including the Dentsply Sirona Award for excellence in prosthodontics, and she was a Dean’s Scholarship Recipient (awarded only to the top 5% of the class).
Dr. Patel is also a member of several professional organizations, including:
- American Dental Association®
- Academy of General Dentistry
- New Jersey Dental Association
- Mercer County Dental Society
Dr. Patel is a strong promoter of minimally invasive and evidence-based dentistry. She enjoys everything about dentistry, but the most rewarding aspect of dentistry for her is seeing patients walk out of the office with a smile on their faces. Dr. Patel is known for her gentle touch, diligence and precision in providing care for patients of all ages.
Dr. Patel lives in New Jersey with her husband and daughter. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with her family, cooking and traveling.